Pathfinder Bible Experience
The Pathfinder Bible Experience is the Official North American Division Pathfinder Bible study program. Some affectionately call the program Bible Bowl. Each year, teams of six club members study a book of the Bible (alternating Old Testament and New Testament), memorizing large portions of God's word.
There are four levels of competition - Area, Conference, Union, and Division. The Pathfinders are tested over the assigned study books as well as the SDA Bible Commentary Introduction to each study book.
At each level, the teams scoring 90% or higher of the highest score at their testing site make 1st place and are invited to go on to the next level. The winning teams are extreme students of the Bible and in most cases memorize chapters and in some cases the entire book(s). Winning teams incorporate the Total Church Involvement approach. This means they have study coaches but also involve the church elders and other members of the local church to assist in making up sample tests, friendly competition against the elders to see who is the better student of the Bible, become involved in worships made up of talks from subject matter from the assigned study book(s). The students may also perform dramas depicting some of the Biblical stories from their assigned study book.
The Pathfinder Bible Experience How-to Guide will assist you in organizing your local Pathfinder PBE Team.
2021 PBE Resources
Make sure you subscribe to get the latest updates!
The date for the 2021 NAD PBE Division Finals is April 16-17, 2021.
Here is the official address: 2330 17th St NE, Salem, Oregon 97301 (Tentatively)
PBE 2020/2021 Study Books
The study books for 2021 are the following: Hebrews, James, 1st & 2nd Peter. The following is the roster of Study Books for 2020/2021:
English - Download all English PDFs (.zip)
Spanish - Descarga todos los archivos PDF en español (.zip)
SAMPLE TEST [coming soon]: Area/District Level Questions in English/Spanish. (PowerPoint)
Local Club Forms:
- Statement of Integrity - Please bring a signed copy to your area, conference, union, and division events.
- Media Release Form -- Please bring a signed copy FOR EACH PARTICIPANT to your area, conference, union, and division events.
Conference Forms and Tools:
**The following list is available ONLY from the Conference identified PBE/Pathfinder leader.**
- Tools to assist PBE Conference leadership
- Conference Enrollment Registration Form
- Official Event Score Sheet
- Official Answer Sheets for Area Event Level of Play -- print one document for each team participating
- Official Answer Sheets for Conference Level of Play -- print one document for each team participating
- Official Answer Sheets for Union Level of Play -- print one document for each team participating
- Team/Club Participation Certificate Template
Future PBE Study Books:
2022 - 1 Kings & Ruth
2023 - John
2024 - Joshua & Judges
2025 - Romans and 1 & 2 Corinthians
2026 - Isaiah (ch 1 - 46)
2027 - Isaiah (ch 47 - 66) & Mark