Little Lambs Stars: Zoo Animals
Take a trip to the zoo, if possible, or watch a video or movie about a zoo
Read My Visit to the Zoo by Aliki.
After the story, sing Going to the Zoo.
What animals did you see?
Show the children pictures of animals and then have them imitate the animal's actions:
- Snake - Slither on the floor
- Gorilla - Bend down and drag knuckles on the floor
- Hummingbird - Flap arms, faster and faster
- Penguin - Arms at side, feet clse together, take tiny steps
- Bear - Walk on hands and feet
- Owl - Spread arms and soar
- Flamingo - Balance on one foot
- Turtle - Crawl slowly
- Kangaroo - Hop
- Horse - Gallop
- Elephant - Trumpet
What kind of food did most of them eat?
Most animals eat plants. Some animals eat other animals, insects, worms etc.
Did you see any birds?
If so, what were they? Name them
Draw or color two things you saw at the zoo
Who made everything you saw at the zoo?
Can you find the answer in the Bible? If so, where is it found? God made all the wild and domestic animals that are in the Zoo.