The Adventurer program was created to assist parents in their important responsibilities as a child’s primary teachers and evangelizers. The program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and to further the child’s development in spiritual, physical, mental, and social areas. Through the Adventurer Program, the church, home, and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child.
The Adventurer Club was created to give children an opportunity to belong to an organized peer group. To join, children are invited to participate in various activities which will improve their social skills. The Adventurer Club involves children in grades 1-4 and their parents. The programming and planning for Adventurers should be simple and short, but creative. Parental involvement provides opportunities for parents to participate in the learning experience.
One of the Adventurer Club objectives is to provide a meaningful and exciting experience as the children look forward with anticipation to some day being Pathfinders.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level, commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character;
to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
General Conference World Adventurer Day 2022
MAY 21, 2022
World Adventurer day is a yearly celebration of Adventurer Family ministry worldwide. The General Conference of Seventh day Adventists Youth department has created some outstanding resources for you to utilize for that day. Currently, the GC Youth Adventurer logo is different than our NAD Adventurer family ministry logo and all the material is put out by the GC Youth department. The logos may be different, but there are many things in there that may be very helpful for you as you plan for your World Adventurer day.
Click the button below for the GC Youth ministries dropbox folder.